I have multiple rollers of the regular Grid in small and one long size. I wish Rocktape offered this in the larger long size as well for it would be great to stand on and roller your feet with. This is a twice as hard dense foam as the regualr Grid. For most things the regular Grid is just fine and does the job well if not better for some areas. This is like said very hard, it's nice for upper body rolls and could be nicer for the feet if it was the longer version. I also have TriggerPoints core roller which is much softer, as I use that typically on my sides around the ribs. All these rollers are great, just use the right one for the job but if you're looking to get your first one, don't get this, get the regualr Grid in the small size.
Dense tissue needs a firmer GRID foam roller to release and relieve aches and pains. The GRID X can be used to release the calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, back and lats.
• Twice as firm as the original GRID foam roller
• Sweat proof and simple to clean
• Three-dimensional surface allows tissue to aerate while you roll, promoting the flow of blood and oxygen—the nutrients needed to repair muscle
• Compact and travel-friendly
• Backed by a one-year warranty
• Weight tested to support up to 550 lbs/250 kg static load