Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) could integrate into your patient/athlete care. You had to buy expensive tools and attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of utilizing IASTM. Not anymore.
The term IASTM or “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation” is commonly paired with the image of steel tools and deep tissue work that can cause redness and bruising on the skin. FMT IASTM certification courses introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement with gentle soft tissue techniques. Some of the tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. There are many forms of ‘instruments or tools’ that can assist your manual therapy skills and save your hands! You don’t have to buy an expensive set of tools and attend a class that locks you into one way of utilizing IASTM on your patients or athletes.
FMT IASTM Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class.
FMT IASTM Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
FMT Blades – IASTM Certification
FMT BLADES introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Advanced – IASTM Certification
FMT Blades Advanced introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding and neuro-sensory pain* modulation via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered, along with a review of the concept of interlayer connective tissue gliding using a rubber sleeve for added tissue traction FMT Blades Advanced also addresses pain* modulation via specific mechano-reception stimulation using the novel hair comb attachment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a more advanced understanding of soft tissue techniques.
- Saturday June 26th, 2021 11am-6pm EST, 10am-5pm CST, 9am-4pm MST, 8am-3pm PST
- Sunday June 27th, 2021 11am-6pm EST, 10am-5pm CST, 9am-4pm MST, 8am-3pm PST
Virtual Classroom (we will send course link when we get closer to the course)
What do I need to attend a virtual classroom?
- The supplies we ship to you after you have registered
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or phone
- Reliable WIFI (>14Mbps-preferable more than 100)
- Products(Rockblades, Mohawk)
- Course Administrator Contact
Adam Wolf, PT, LMT FAFS
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes both RockBlades and Mohawk) Saturday and Sunday - $770
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (education only) Saturday and Sunday - $320
- FMT Blades (includes RockBlades) Saturday only - $510
- FMT Blades (education only) Saturday only - $160
- FMT Blades Advanced (education only) Sunday only - $160
- FMT Blades Advanced (included education and Mohawk) Sunday only - $335
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes education and Mohawk only) Saturday and Sunday - $495
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes education and RockBlades only) Saturday and Sunday - $670
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBWCBLDS0627" at checkout for 10% off until May 26th, 2021.
- 15% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is valid for continuing education credit in the following states, so long as it falls within the scope of practice as outlined by the corresponding state board: AK, CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MT, NE, NV, NJ, NC, ND, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY (Considered distance learning, please check with your board how many hours you are allowed)
Please note that online continuing education is not recognized in the following states: FL, KY, LA, MS, OK, WI
*NUHS makes no representation either directly or indirectly that the substantive matter being presented is approved or within respective scope of licensing. It remains the attendees' responsibility to contact the state board(s) from which they seek continuing education credits for purposes of ensuring said board(s) approves both the delivery method and content as they relate to this event.
AL, CO, CT, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards
CA - Approval #19-435(FMT Blades 0.6 CEUs), #19-436 (FMT Blades Advanced 0.6CEUs) approved by the California Physical Therapy Association
KY- FMT Blades has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval number 32-20-APTAKY. FMT Blades Advanced has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval number 35-20-APTAKY
NJ- FMT Blades is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2005-33 for 6 contact hours. FMT Blades Advanced is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2005-34 for 6 contact hours.
NY – Approval #19-11-12 (FMT Blades 7.2 CEUs), #19-11-11 (FMT Blades Advanced 7.2 CEUs) approved by the New York Physical Therapy Assocation
AK, AZ, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, MI, MS, MO, MT, NC, ND, PA, SC, TN, VA - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of California PTA Approval #19-435 (FMT Blades) ,#19-436 (FMT Blades Advanced)
DC, IL - FMT Blades (6 contact hours)/Blades Advanced (6 contact hours) meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of a National University of Health Sciences approval. NUHS is recognized by the Secretary of States Department of Education.
(BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (6 hours/CEUs FMT Blades Category A and 6 hours/CEUs FMT Blades Advanced Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
FMT is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
AR, HI, ID, MA, ME, MI, NE, ND, SC, TX, VA, WI OT - FMT Blades/Blades Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State OT Boards.
EDUCATIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR FMT BLADES IASTM Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:1. Understand and integrate fascial anatomy, physiology and neurology.
2. Define and discuss the influence of neuroanatomy on of the fascial subsystem
3. Recognize and describe the theory and science of IASTM within the literature
4. Explore the location and function of various mechanoreceptors within the skin and describe their functional relationship to human movement.
5. Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to identify faulty movement patterns and match appropriate IASTM techniques to these patterns.
6. Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
7. Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to promote improved ROM.
FMT Blades Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
10 minute break
Ripple Effects of Fascia Lines
60 minute lunch break
EDUCATIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR FMT BLADES ADVANCED IASTM Course:
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:1. Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model.
2. Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal/fascial subsystem.
3. Recognize and demonstrate skin/fascial glide screening process.
4. Describe and interpret the current research on IASTM techniques in regard to connective tissue gliding and pain modulation.
5. Discuss the clinical indications for use of silicone sleeve attachment vs comb attachment
6. Practice, demonstrate and integrate advanced IASTM techniques using silicone sleeve and comb attachments when indicated.
7. Practice and Integrate up and down regulation strokes for autonomic nervous system management.
8. Analyze and critique common cutaneous nerve entrapments of the upper & lower extremity and trunk.
9. Compare and contrast the rationale for providing dry fascial gliding strokes to reduce cutaneous nerve entrapments.
FMT Blades Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
10 minute break
The Glide Method – Grip and Glide
Cutaneous Nerve Entrapments:
Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Syndromes and Treatment
Carpal Tunnel syndrome
Sub Occipital syndrome
Tarsal Peroneal Syndrome
Beefing up Glide Stroke- from Blades
Make sure we incorporate the up/down regulation sections demo/practice