Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape. You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape. Not anymore.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Performance Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT, LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
- Saturday August 17, 2019 8AM-5PM
- Sunday August 18, 2019 8AM-5PM
Omni Physical Therapy
13314 Manchester Road
Des Peres, MO 63131
Reid Nelles, DC
- FMT Basic - $250 Saturday
- FMT Performance - $300 Sunday
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBSMO2019" at checkout for 10% off until July 24, 2018.
- 50% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- Continuing Education Units
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.
- DC- MO, IL, IA, AR FMT Basic 8CEUS, WI, MN FMT Performance 8CEUS- Continuing education credit (CE) is provided by National University of Health Sciences
- PT/PTA - FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs - Approved in AZ, DE, GA, IL, IN,KY, MN, MO, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, VT, WI, WY by virtue of California PTA Approval #18-412 (FMT Basic),#18-413 (FMT Performance)
- PT/PTA - FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs - Course meets continuing education requirements for CO, CT, HI, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA PT Board.
- LMT – FMT Basic 8 CEs, FMT Performance 8 CEs - Rocktape is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
- NASM Provider #922
- AT-Rocktape (BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (8 hours/CEUs Category A FMT Basic, 8 hours/CEUs FMT Performance Category A, or 16 hours/CEUs FMT Basic/Performance Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- OT- AR, IN, NC, SC, HI, ID, ME, MA, NE, ND, TX, VA,WI- Course meets the requirements OT board
FMT Basic Course Outline (8AM – 5PM)
FMT educationWhat is FMT?
Clinically discussed facts
Old Vs. New concepts
Past and future taping
10 minute break
60 minute lunch break
10 minute break
FMT Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 5PM)
Performance arm chains