Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape. You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape. Not anymore.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT, LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
- Saturday October 22nd, 2022 8am-3pm
- Sunday October 23rd, 2022 8am-3pm
Robbins Rehabilitation West
1245 S Cedar Crest
Allentown, PA 18103
Brett Sanders, M.S., OTR/L, CEAS
- FMT Basic - $250 Saturday
- FMT Advanced - $300 Sunday
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBPA1022" at checkout for 10% off until September 22nd, 2022.
- 50% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.
in light of the pandemic of 2020 and its impacts on travel, we may have to cancel or postpone a class due to gathering changes at either the local or national level. If this occurs you will receive notice as soon as we are able to provide it and be offered a transfer to a webcast the same days, a future live course, or a full refund.
This course is valid for continuing education credit through NUHS in the following states, so long as it falls within the scope of practice as outlined by the corresponding state board(s): PA, OH, NJ, NY
*NUHS makes no representation either directly or indirectly that the substantive matter being presented is approved or within respective scope of licensing. It remains the attendees' responsibility to contact the state board(s) from which they seek continuing education credits for purposes of ensuring said board(s) approves both the delivery method and content as they relate to this event.
AK, AZ, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, MI, MS, MO, MT, NC, ND, PA, SC, RI, TN, VA - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of California PTA Approval #21-596 (FMT Basic 6 CEUs), #21-597(FMT Advanced 6 CEUs)
AL, CO, CT, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards
CA - Approval #21-596(FMT Basic 0.6 CEUs), #21-597 (FMT Advanced 0.6CEUs) approved by the California Physical Therapy Association
FL - FMT Basic is approved by the FPTA approval # 20-676225 for 6 contact hours, FMT Advanced is approved by the FPTA approval # 20-676455 for 6 contact hours
IL - FMT Basic (6 contact hours)/Advanced (6 contact hours) meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of a National University of Health Sciences approval. NUHS is recognized by the Secretary of States Department of Education.
KY- FMT Basic has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval Number 3720-KPTA. FMT Advanced has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval number 3620-KPTA.
NJ- FMT Basic is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2203-39 for 6 contact hours. FMT Advanced is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2203-40 for 6 contact hours.
NY - Approval #21-09-12 (FMT Basic 7.2 CEUs), #20-09-13 (FMT Advanced 7.2 CEUs) approved by the New York Physical Therapy Association
OH- FMT Basic is approved by the OPTA, Approval #21S1001 (PT/PTA) for 6 contact hours. FMT Advanced is approved by the OPTA, Approval #21S1002 (PT/PTA) for 6 contact hours.
TX - Approval #74356 (FMT Basic 6 CEUs), #74299 (FMT Advanced 6 CEUs) approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
WI- Approval #CEUL080647(FMT Basic 6 CEUS), Approval #CEUL078018 (FMT Advanced 6 CEUS) approved by APTA Wisconsin
(BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (6 hours/CEUs FMT Basic Category A and 6 hours/CEUs FMT Advanced Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
FMT Basic (6 CEs) and FMT Advanced (CEs) is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
AR, HI, ID, MA, ME, MI, NE, ND, SC, TX, VA, WI OT - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State OT Boards.
FMT Basic (0.6 CEUs) /FMT Advanced (0.6 CEUs) have been approved by NASM. Provider #922
Educational Objectives of FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Define and discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping on the body.
2. Demonstrate, via application, functional taping techniques that are specifically designed to influence discomfort*, edema, neurologic conditions, scar and posture.
3. Demonstrate and discuss how the fascial system functions, and how kinesiology tape interfaces with the mechanical, chemical and neurosensory sub-systems of fascia.
4. Understand and differentiate fluid dynamics taping applications for acute edema and chronic fluid dysfunction conditions using the jellyfish taping method.
5. Discover and experiment with various tape application techniques for common musculo-skeletal injury conditions such as low back discomfort*, shoulder strains, ankle sprains and post-operative patient/client care.
6. Demonstrate and apply posture taping applications for correction of common chronic postural deficits of the upper and lower spine regions.
7. Discuss and interpret kinesiology taping techniques for neurologic entrapment syndromes and scar tissue management.
FMT Basic Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
What is FMT?
10 minute break
60 minute lunch break
Education Objectives of FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping: At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Discuss, practice and integrate the concept of longitudinal muscle chain kinesiology taping.
2. Discuss, demonstrate and interpret movement screening techniques to evaluate functional and dysfunctional movement patterns.
3. Demonstrate and discuss the concepts of longitudinal fascial chain kinesiology taping
4. Demonstrate and evaluate effective functional taping applications based on findings in movement assessment.
5. Compare and contrast sport-specific movement patterns and how kinesiology tape improves sports performance.
6. Compare and contrast upper and lower extremity helical fascial chain taping applications.
7. Introduce, interpret and practice applications for compression band floss in the upper and lower extremity as well as the trunk.
8. Critically analyze movement screening and correlated tape application for specific sports
FMT Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
Introduction to Tweak Taping Concepts and applications
60 minute LUNCH break
25% fee for