Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape. You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape. Not anymore.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 6-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 6-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT, LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
- Saturday June 3rd, 2023 8am-3pm
- Sunday June 4th, 2023 8am-3pm
Podium Sports Performance
1160 Dewey Way Suite E
Upland, CA 91786
Ethan Kreiswirth, PhD, ATC
- FMT Basic - $270 Saturday
- FMT Advanced - $325 Sunday
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBCA0603" at checkout for 10% off until May 3rd, 2023.
- 50% Student Discount - discount is available for current full time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Registration for live courses closes 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class date/time.
Training may be canceled if the minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training. Any refund will be processed within 3-5 business days and returned to the original payment method used unless stated otherwise by RockTape/Implus Footcare LLC.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose not to cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.
AK, AZ, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, MI, MS, MO, MT, NC, ND, PA, SC, RI, TN, VA - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of ATPTA KY (FMT Basic 6 Category 1 contact hours), Approval Number 140-APTAKY-2022(FMT Advanced 6 Category 1 contact hours) Approval number 141-APTAKY-2022.
AL, CO, CT, IA, MA, ME, MN, NH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards.
FL - FMT Basic is approved by the FPTA approval # CE23-676225 for 6 contact hours, FMT Advanced is approved by the FPTA approval # CE23-676455 for 6 contact hours
Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
DC/IL - FMT Basic (6 contact hours)/Advanced (6 contact hours) meets continuing education requirements for these State Physical Therapy Boards by virtue of a National University of Health Sciences approval. NUHS is recognized by the Secretary of States Department of Education.
KS – This course has been approved by the Kansas PT Board for 6 CEUs (FMT Basic only). Approval number CEUL099490.
KY- FMT Basic has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval Number 140-APTAKY-2022. FMT Advanced has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 6 Category 1 contact hour(s). Approval number 141-APTAKY-2022.
MD - FMT Basic has been approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners approval # 2020-493. FMT Advanced has been approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners approval # 2020-487.
NJ- FMT Basic is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2203-39 for 6 contact hours. FMT Advanced is approved by NJ Board of PT Examiners Approval 2203-40 for 6 contact hours.
NY - Approval #22-08-12 (FMT Basic 7.2 CEUs), #22-08-13 (FMT Advanced 7.2 CEUs) approved by the New York Physical Therapy Association
OK - FMT Basic and Advanced has been approved by the Oklahoma State board of Medical Licensure & Supervision for 6 category A hours PT CE course #BAP202310016
TX - Approval #74356 (FMT Basic 6 CEUs), #74299 (FMT Advanced 6 CEUs) approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
WI – FMT Basic has been approved by the Wisconsin PT Board for 6 CEUs. Approval CEUL080647. FMT Advanced has been approved by the Wisconsin PT Board for 6 CEUs. Approval CEUL078018.
(BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (6 hours/CEUs FMT Basic Category A and 6 hours/CEUs FMT Advanced Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
FMT Basic (6 CEs) and FMT Advanced (CEs) is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
AR, HI, ID, MA, ME, MI, NE, ND, SC, TX, VA, WI - FMT Basic/Advanced meets continuing education requirements for these State OT Boards.
FMT Basic and Advanced (0.6 CEUs each day) has been approved by the AFAA Professional Education Committee. Provider #922.
FMT Basic and Advanced (0.6 CEUs each day) is approved by NASM Provider #922
FMT Basic and Advanced is approved by ACSM (6 CECs each day).
ACSM approved providership of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.
Educational Objectives of FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Define and discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping on the body.
2. Demonstrate, via application, functional taping techniques that are specifically designed to influence discomfort*, edema, neurologic conditions, scar and posture.
3. Demonstrate and discuss how the fascial system functions, and how kinesiology tape interfaces with the mechanical, chemical and neurosensory sub-systems of fascia.
4. Understand and differentiate fluid dynamics taping applications for acute edema and chronic fluid dysfunction conditions using the jellyfish taping method.
5. Discover and experiment with various tape application techniques for common musculo-skeletal injury conditions such as low back discomfort*, shoulder strains, ankle sprains and post-operative patient/client care.
6. Demonstrate and apply posture taping applications for correction of common chronic postural deficits of the upper and lower spine regions.
7. Discuss and interpret kinesiology taping techniques for neurologic entrapment syndromes and scar tissue management.
FMT Basic Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
What is FMT?
10 minute break
60 minute lunch break
Education Objectives of FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping: At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Discuss, practice and integrate the concept of longitudinal muscle chain kinesiology taping.
2. Discuss, demonstrate and interpret movement screening techniques to evaluate functional and dysfunctional movement patterns.
3. Demonstrate and discuss the concepts of longitudinal fascial chain kinesiology taping
4. Demonstrate and evaluate effective functional taping applications based on findings in movement assessment.
5. Compare and contrast sport-specific movement patterns and how kinesiology tape improves sports performance.
6. Compare and contrast upper and lower extremity helical fascial chain taping applications.
7. Introduce, interpret and practice applications for compression band floss in the upper and lower extremity as well as the trunk.
8. Critically analyze movement screening and correlated tape application for specific sports
FMT Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 3PM)
Introduction to Tweak Taping Concepts and applications
60 minute LUNCH break
25% fee for