We offer two levels of Fascial Movement Taping clinics. Our FMT certifications are designed for therapists and practitioners who want to further their understanding of human movement. FMT Basic addresses theories and applications for rehab, posture, edema and sports performance. FMT Performance builds on FMT Basic concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy and performance enhancement.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
Date and Times
- Saturday, July 22, 2017 8AM-5PM
- Sunday, July 23, 2017 8AM-5PM
SISU Strength House
315 1st Avenue N Suite 112
Seattle, WA 38109
Milica McDowell, MSPT, DPT
- FMT Basic - $250 Saturday
- FMT Performance - $300 Sunday
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBWA2017" at checkout for 10% off until June 23, 2017.
- 50% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- DC- Course meets continuing education requirements for CO, WA, OR boards.
- PT - FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs - Approved in AZ, DE, GA, IL, KS, KY, MO, MS, NC, TN, VA, VT, WI by virtue of California PTA Approval #16-410 (FMT Basic),#16-411 (FMT Performance)
- PT - FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs - Course meets continuing education requirements for CO, CT, HI, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, ND, OR, SC, SD, WY PT Board.
- LMT - Rocktape is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
- NASM Provider #922, ACE Course NumberFMT Basic: CEP92243 CECs: 0.8 FMT Performance:CEP92257 CECs 0.8
- AT-Rocktape (BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maxium of (8 hours/CEUs Category A FMT Basic, 8 hours/CEUs FMT Performance Category A, or 16 hours/CEUs FMT Basic/Performance Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- OT- AR, IN, NC, SC, HI, ID, ME, MA, NE, ND, TX, VA,WI- Course meets the requirements OT boards
FMT Basic (formerly FMT1)
This course introduces the concept of movement therapy and enhancement via functional taping methods. It includes a review of the current literature supporting the theory of kinesiology taping for the purposes of rehabilitation, edema/swelling management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and postural management. FMT Basic is an evidence informed kinesiology taping course that redefines out understand of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of 'taping movement, not muscles' to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
Education Objectives FMT Basic:
- Discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functionals taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility, and posture improvement.
- Demonstrate and discuss the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of "Taping movements, not muscles."
FMT Performance (formerly FMT2)
This course expands on the concepts of movement therapy and performance enhancement via functional taping methods that are taught in FMT Basic. The anatomy and physiology of myofascial slings is covered. Movement assessment to determine dysfunction in specific slings and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function is done in a workshop hands on environment. Corrective exercise techniques to address mobility and stability dysfunctions along these myofascial pathways are presented.
Education Objectives FMT Performance:
- Discuss the concept of the longitudinal muscle chain approach to kinesiology taping and a myofascial sequencing model of "Taping movements, not muscles."
- Demonstrate movement screening techniques to evaluate proper human movement patterns. In the presence of faulty movement patters, the plane of dysfunctional movement is identified and movement is corrected using the longitudinal muscle chain approach to kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functional taping applications for Performance Chains.
- Discuss and demonstrate assessment of sport-specific movement patters and the use of taping to improve sports performance.
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached one month prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.