We offer two levels of Fascial Movement Taping clinics. Our FMT certifications are designed for therapists and practitioners who want to further their understanding of human movement. FMT Basic addresses theories and applications for rehab, posture, edema and sports performance. FMT Performance builds on FMT Basic concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy and performance enhancement.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT, LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
Date and Times
- Thursday July 19, 2018 10AM-6:30PM
Mercy Orthopedic Hospital
Conference Room A
3050 East Riverbluff Boulevard, Ozark, MO 65721
Mitch Hauschildt, MA, ATC
- FMT Basic - $250
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBSMO2018" at checkout for 10% off until June 19, 2018.
- 50% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- DC - MO FMT Basic 8 CEUS Continuing education credit (CE) is provided by National University of Health Sciences (NUHS)
- PT/PTA - FMT Basic 8 CEUs - Approved in AZ, DE, GA, IL, KY, MN, MO, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, VT, WI, WY by virtue of California PTA Approval #17-394 (FMT Basic)
- PT - FMT Basic 8 CEUs - Course meets continuing education requirements for CO, CT, HI, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY PT Board.
- AT-Rocktape (BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (8 hours/CEUs Category A FMT Basic). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- LMT - Rocktape is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
- NASM Provider #922, ACE Course NumberFMT Basic: CEP92243 CECs: 0.8
- OT- AR, IN, NC, SC, HI, ID, ME, MA, NE, ND, TX, VA,WI- Course meets the requirements OT board
FMT Basic (formerly FMT1)
This course introduces the concept of movement therapy and enhancement via functional taping methods. It includes a review of the current literature suppporting the theory of kinesiology taping for the purposes of rehabilitation, edema/swelling management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and postural management. FMT Basic is an evidence informed kinesiology taping course that redefines out understand of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of 'taping movement, not muscles' to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
Education Objectives FMT Basic:
- Discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functionals taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility, and posture improvement.
- Demonstrate and discuss the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of "Taping movements, not muscles."
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.